Welcome, to the new version of Sunday services!
Until we're allowed to meet again in person, we'll be using this page on the church website to bring you new resources that you can use each week.
This Sunday (29 Mar)
Bible reading: 1 Peter 5:1-4
The videos in the playlist will play automatically, and you can also use the Next and Previous buttons on the player to go between them. Alternately, here is a list of links to the different parts of the service:
- Welcome and opening prayer
- Song - When I was lost
- Prayers and notices
- Song - Won my heart
- Sermon - Follow my leader
- Song - All creatures of our God and King
Family Bible study time
Whilst we can't meet together physically at church, we want to be encouraging you all to continue to 'do church' in your families, and share together as a church family as much as possible. Below, therefore, you'll find links to some material you can use for Sunday School (for families with children of primary school age) and Crèche+ (for families with pre-school kids), so that you can sit down together for a small home Sunday school at some point this week. Each week we will aim to post a new sheet like this her on the church website.
We want these studies to be as easy as possible for you to use, so here are some suggestions for you as you use the material with your children.
- Have fun! This isn't designed to be just another homework - learning about God doesn't need to be boring!
- Continue to talk about what you've learnt during the day and the following week.
- Encourage other families (we hope at some point to make this easier by having a space for shared pictures, videos etc – more info to follow!)
- Open up the Bible together. Encourage all the family to be involved.
- Feel you have to spend long. Even 5 minutes thinking about God's word is great.
- Feel you have to do every suggested activity – pick and choose what works for your family (just don't skip the Bible study!)
- Feel you have to do this on Sunday morning – any time that works is good. Although, you might find keeping the same routine helps.
- Worry if you are not able to answer a question your child asks – it's ok to say you're not sure! Find out together by contacting one of the Sunday School leaders.
- Feel restrained by the study – if you have other ideas of activities that can reinforce the truths you are learning, please share them.
We are looking forward to sharing this journey with you, so please takes pictures of the crafts your children produce, and take videos of you all singing along to a song or doing the actions – we're all in this together!
Sunday School for school years Reception to Year 6
We are following the theme posed by the question in the corner of the sheet 'What is God's love for His people like?' The question and answer will be the same each week, so why not encourage your children to learn the answer and keep coming back to it?
On the sheet you will find a simple prayer to begin and end, some ideas to get you thinking, a Bible study and then some craft and games ideas, as well as ideas of how you can remember what you've been learning during the week. There's also a song below for you to sing along to together. This might feel odd at first, but enjoy it while no one can see you!
Crèche+ for Preschool
Last Sunday (22 Mar)
Bible reading: 1 Peter 4:12-19